The image “http://www.postcourier.com.pg/images/online3%20150.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

THE ongoing “roadblock” betw-een Telikom and Digicel over the issue of inter-connection will be tackled as both mobile phone companies go to the negotiating table this morning for the first time.
While the exact time has not been disclosed for “security reasons”, the meeting will be held at Telikom’s office at Waigani and attended by both companies’ top brass.
Digicel had earlier said Telikom’s proposed date for negotiation, which is today, was “too late” because it wanted to achieve inter-connectivity by September 10.
Telikom had remained silent on whether the “long awaited” talks would take place.
Digicel finaly broke the news last night.
Digicel general counsel David Dillon said from Samoa yesterday “Yes they have finally agreed and it’s going to be at Telikom’s office”.
Mr Dillon added the meeting would pave the way for both companies to iron out a timetable on when desperate Papua New Guineans could expect the much-awaited inter-connection.
However, Mr Dillon said he hoped that within three to four weeks “there should be inter-connectivity”.
“It will take us some series of meetings but hopefully, we should get there in three to four weeks time,” Mr Dillon said.
Telikom chief executive officer Peter Loko earlier said to talk to Digicel, “a company without a proper licence”, about inter-connection was “complex and a waste of time and money”.

About these ads