You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Europe’ tag.
This email is about a new remittance advice and information website Send Money Pacific – www.sendmoneypacific.org
The website is AusAID funded with support from NZAID, and has information relating to the sending and receiving of money between Pacific Island nations and Australia & New Zealand i.e. what the buy/sell rates are, service fees, transfer speeds, etc.
Last year Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu & KH Consulting were one of three shortlisted candidates asked to present our proposal for the development of this web portal to AusAID in Canberra.
However, Deloitte & KH were not successful in our efforts to secure the contract. The project was awarded to London based firm Developing Markets Associates (DMA).
A strong-point of the DMA submission was that:
- Remittances were a key area of expertise for DMA
- DMA had previously created the web portal http://www.sendmoneyhome.org/ primarily for remittance information between African and European countries
- DMA did not exist as a company in 2005 when Profile Business Intelligence Ltd (PBI) launched www.sendmoneyhome.org as part of a contract for the UK Government’s Department for International Development.
- PBI, designed the concept, managed the creation and ongoing development of the site from 2005 to the present day.
- In 2008 PBI Trade Marked the www.sendmoneyhome.org brand.]
Long story short, the website is now operational & DMA have done a very good job. I’ve just tried sourcing information on the website & it’s quite cool.
The feature I like the best is the ability to source remittance information straight off the home page – http://www.sendmoneypacific.org/index.cfm
Please check it out. It’s definitely a resource worth using and also one worth passing onto family & friends. As Pacific Islanders, we may need to send & receive money at some point between our home countries & Australia & NZ.