My ramblings about architecture here and here may be outside the scope for most of us. But on a more local level with design and innovation I think the old trusty words of ‘Appropriate Technology’ fits in nicely into what I would call everyday technologies which we can all have a direct involvement in. Especially in rural PNG.
So to spread the news and ideas of appropriate technology, see below Issue 001 of ATproject’s Appropriate Technology News. Download it here.
Index for this issue:
- Community Home Based Care
- Alternative Transport
- OXFAM & WaterAid continue their support in 2009
- Films for Real Development
- APPRECIATING LIGHTING-UP KOMPRI AND BARORA HEALTH POSTS
- ANOTHER LOW COST CARE & SUPPORT CENTRE CONSTRUCTED
- ATPROJECTS APPLIES FOR THE FIRST SODIS PROJECT IN PNG
- SETTING THE RIGHT DIRECTION (concerns about the OLPC)