Our country has plunged into a myriad of questions with our Parliament’s decision to delay the national elections by 6 months, so….
- Is the delay Constitutionally legal?
- If it isn’t legal do we have time for a judicial review?
- Do we even have a legal Supreme Court bench to hear any judicial reviews?
- How much financial damage can a government do in 6 months?
- Will Bob Carr act on his threat of sanctions?
- Will Julie Bishop still see us economic partnership material?
- Will O’Neill or Namah survive the elections if it happens?
- Could they delay further after 6 months since no one can trust any politician now.
- Can the PNG people show their feelings about the situation like they did in the sand line crises when they forced a PM to resign.
The only thing we have control over now is who we can vote in, if and when the elections happens.